Warehouse: 9311 Gaither Rd., Gaithersburg, MD 20877
2 hour shifts from 1-3pm and 3-5pm
Please know due to social distancing we are limiting the number of people volunteering at a time. Our current openings are limited at this time.
Student Service Learning: This activity is approved for Student Service Learning (SSL) hours
Volunteers: Must be 16 or older. Small groups (up to 6 people) may also be able to volunteer for this opportunity. This opportunity is not open to individuals currently receiving food from Manna.
Description: The work is physical and you should be comfortable standing for a couple of hours; you may engage in some light to moderate lifting (5 – 25+ pounds) as well as bending and reaching. Please note that our warehouse is a very busy, noisy and fast-paced volunteer environment; volunteers must be able to work independently, converse with Manna’s clients & volunteers, and easily transition between many tasks throughout the day with minimal instruction. Volunteers will assist with a variety of activities including
- Packing Food: helping to pack our Smart Sacks bags and Food for Family Boxes.
- Sorting donations of non-perishable food items.
- Advanced registration is required.
- Due to the nature of our operations we have a limited number of spaces available each day and can fill 1-2 weeks in advance–though sometimes we do have immediate needs.
- Click the Register button to express interest in this opportunity.
- You must register every time you volunteer. We do not accept walk-in volunteers due the nature of our daily operations
Training: Volunteers will receive training on first day.