9311 Gaither Rd. Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Mondays, 1-3pm – volunteers must be 16 or older
1st and 3rd Tuesday, 6-7:30pm – volunteers must be 11 or older
Saturdays, 9-10:30am – volunteers must be 11 or older
Help pack boxes of nonperishable items for Food for Families program. This is a physical task that requires bending, reaching, and lifting up to 25 lbs. Volunteers will use tape guns and box cutters.
Please know shifts are limited and fill quickly. Dates for the next month open approximately 2 weeks before the beginning of the month. Volunteers under 16 must attend with a parent or guardian.
We do not have opportunities for volunteers under the age of 11.
Advanced registration is required.
12301 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904
We are looking for volunteers that can serve as a back-up volunteers. Most of our Market volunteers are weekly regulars but are sometimes not available due to illness, vacations, etc. These back-up volunteers will help fill in from time to time. Volunteers will assist with food distribution at our choice distribution Market.
• Direct participants through the Market and assist them to their cars if needed
• Load boxes of food into carts
• Light shelf restocking/organizing
• Pack bags of additional food when available
• Housekeeping tasks related to the daily upkeep of the Market including breaking down boxes, taking out trash, light cleaning, sanitizing carts
• Volunteers communicate directly with a diverse population and must be courteous, patient, and understanding of each participant’s needs.
• Must communicate calmly and effectively with participants, volunteers, and staff.
• The work is physical and you should be comfortable standing for a couple of hours; you will engage in some light to moderate lifting (up to 25 pounds) as well as bending and reaching.
• Volunteers must be able to work independently and easily transition between many tasks throughout the day with minimal instruction.
Glenmont – Tuesdays, 2:30-6pm
Clifton Park Silver Spring – Wednesdays, 3:30-7pm
Glenmont – Thursdays, 1:30-5pm
Volunteers are needed to help distribute food to Manna participants, including setting up, checking participants in, directing traffic, loading cars. Volunteers must be independent workers, and able to work alongside Manna staff and other community volunteers.
Volunteers: Volunteers must be 16 or older. This is a physical activity and includes bending, reaching, and lifting up to 25 lbs in weight. This activity takes place outside, rain or shine.
Student Service Learning: Students can earn service hours
Training: Provided onsite
9311 Gaither Rd. Gaithersburg, MD 20877
9-1pm, shift may end around 12pm depending on the needs for the day.
Student Service Learning: This activity is approved for Student Service Learning (SSL) hours. Volunteers: Must be 16 or older. This opportunity is not open to individuals currently receiving food from Manna.
Description: These volunteers do it all! Volunteers help with all aspects of our work in the warehouse including packing and sorting fresh, frozen, and nonperishable food, distributing food to agencies, taking out trash, and sweeping floors. Tasks for the day vary depending on the needs.
The work is physical and you should be comfortable standing for a couple of hours; you may engage in some light to moderate lifting (5 – 25+ pounds) as well as bending and reaching. Please note that our warehouse is a very busy, noisy and fast-paced volunteer environment; volunteers must be able to work independently, converse with Manna’s participants & volunteers, and staff, and easily transition between many tasks throughout the day with minimal instruction.
Training: Volunteers will receive training on first day.
- Advanced registration is required.
- Due to the nature of our operations we have a limited number of spaces available each day and may filled several weeks in advance.
- Click the Register button to express interest in this opportunity.
- You must register every time you volunteer. We do not accept walk-in volunteers due the nature of our daily operations