Careers at Manna
Director of Development & Communications
The Director of Development and Communications’ primary goal is to ensure we achieve our mission by building strong and sustainable funding relationships and developing greater awareness of our programs and services throughout Montgomery County. Reporting to and working in close collaboration with Manna’s CEO, leadership team, and Board Development committee, the Director will lead the strategy and implementation of a diverse and robust fundraising portfolio, including individual gifts, Board development, foundations, government grants, corporate partnerships, in-kind donations, and events. The Director also will oversee all of Manna’s external communications, including but not limited to, media relations, website development, direct mail, social media, newsletters, and print publications. To help execute their work successfully, the Director will manage three team members and various vendors and consultants.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurially-minded leader with exceptional strategic thinking, relationship development, and communication skills. They will bring a proven record of successful experience in nonprofit fundraising and communications. They will be highly organized with strong attention to detail and demonstrate an ability to thrive in a highly dynamic and fast-growing organization.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Strategic Planning and Leadership
- Serve on the agency’s leadership team and contribute to the evolution of the agency, the cohesion of the team, and the formulation of mission-critical, collaborative responses to a dynamic environment.
- Create and implement development, and communications strategies and plans focused on ambitious annual goals and aligned with the multi-year strategic plan.
- Manage and motivate the Development & Communications team to meet fundraising, volunteering, and communication goals.
- Diversify and increase Manna’s fundraising activities to achieve at a minimuum our $3.5M annual goal by developing existing and creating new funding sources including individuals, foundations, government grants, corporate partnerships, in-kind donations, and events
- Develop and implement a Moves Management system for researching, tracking, and shepherding major donor relationships.
- Steward major donors engaged through Manna’s recently completed and successful Food for All Capital Campaign.
- Manage the annual fund targeting current donors, lapsed donors, and prospective donors to increase the primary donor list and continue ambitious annual growth.
- Establish and/or deepen foundation relationships and corporate partnerships; oversee grant activities including review/edit proposals, ensure the maintenance of application and reporting calendar, promote funding partnerships.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with existing and new Board members to greater leverage funding and contacts.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy, including a branding plan to ensure that brand consistency is maintained across all platforms and any program related sites.
- Measure and analyze metrics to inform and refine how resources are deployed
- Develop a comprehensive and coordinated outreach experience program to recruit and maintain program participants.
- Supervise special events, particularly related to the annual Heroes Against Hunger awards reception, community food drives.
- Supervise maintaining the Manna website and the development of plans to ensure it remains timely, accurate, and state-of-the-art.
- Oversee Development staff as they develop and produce newsletters, social media strategies, and informational materials (e.g., brochures, infographics, and program collateral).
Ideal Experience and Qualifications:
- Successful record of fundraising from a variety of sources, including major gifts, Board, foundations, government grants, corporate partnerships, in-kind donations, and events
- Experience executing a comprehensive communications strategy, including traditional and new media, website, and marketing
- Proven ability to think strategically and develop and implement a clearly defined, actionable, and measurable plan
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional relationship-development skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and mentor staff while cultivating a collaborative and inclusive team culture
- Highly organized with strong project and time management skills; ability to multi-task effectively and handle a wide variety of diverse and concurrent responsibilities with wit, candor, and humility.
Manna Food Center is an equal opportunity employer. We are focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique individuals and community members. The ideal candidate for this position would have a demonstrated knowledge of the social determinants of food security and have experience working in communities of color.
Applications Only Accepted Through LeaderFit. CLICK HERE to apply.
Program Manager — School-based Programs
Manna Food Center is seeking a Program Manager to lead our school-based food assistance programs, designed to deliver food support to families through partnerships with Montgomery County schools.
We are in need of an experienced manager who can work with the rest of the Programs team to shape and implement an ambitious strategic plan. The Program Manager is responsible for planning and promoting the school-based programs at Manna. The Manager will also create and execute monitoring and evaluation strategies to ensure that program outcomes are met.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Policies
- Develops programmatic strategies for school-based food assistance
- Communicates those strategies and their expected results to Logistics Team so that program objectives are successfully achieved
- Establishes and maintains multi-sector relationships with community partners, school coordinators, and other stakeholders needed to support program maintenance and expansion in alignment with organizational goals
- Researches, develops, and executes program enhancements and innovations to match organizational and County-wide goals and priorities
- Monitors and evaluates program impact
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent program quality over time
- Oversees menu of foods provided in weekend bags based on recipient feedback and budget capacity
- Communicates changes to Logistics Team as necessary
- Manages program budget
- Contributes to the Programs Team’s efforts to shape the strategies Manna uses to promote food security and community health
- Collaborates with the Development and Communications Team to:
- Ensure program goals, statistics, and outcomes are incorporated into grant applications, contract scopes, and reports to support revenue generation and sustainability
- Engage program sponsors/donors
- Tell the stories of program participants and the impact these programs have on their lives
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This position is open until filled.