Careers at Manna
Manna Food Center Job Description – Warehouse Driver
|Reports to||Distribution Manager|
|Status||Full-Time: 40 hours a week. General Hours 8 am – 4 pm, hours may vary as dictated by business needs.|
Assists the Distribution Manager to ensure that Manna’s physical plant is clean and well maintained. Ensures that, food is kept in a safe and organized fashion, greets donors, agencies and partners coming to Manna’s warehouse and handles food donations and deliveries in a polite, efficient and safe manner. Serves as a backup driver as needed to ensure food collection and deliveries are handled safely and efficiently.
- At Manna, our core values are service, respect and partnership. Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is a top priority that enables us to find excellent teammates and creates an environment where all types of people can belong and thrive.
- Manna is participant-centered and data-driven. Our people do meaningful work in an environment where they feel a genuine sense of community and connectedness to Manna’s mission.
- Manna’s relies on problem solving and solution creation from all levels.
- Working at Manna is a dynamic experience with the opportunity to take ownership and make a difference.
- Our work is strengthened by the voices of people with lived experience of food insecurity.
Essential Job Functions
- Follows warehouse policies and procedures and enforces guidelines with volunteers for the safe and efficient handling perishable and nonperishable food
- Ensures the warehouse, food distribution area, and offices are clean and sanitary and free from rodents and pests
- Helps to maintain all warehouse equipment, including racks, shelves, storage bins, refrigerators, freezers, forklifts, carts, HVAC systems, generator, pallet jacks, etc.
- Assists in supervising the ACS program and volunteers at Manna
- Ensures the sorting area has food to sort, shelves are kept neat, and food is sorted properly
- Helps to set up items needed for volunteer activities are able to be executed including, food presorting, and box packing.
- Ensures donors who deliver food to Manna have help unloading food, that the food is weighed, and that donor information and donation weight is recorded
- Works with the Warehouse manager to ensure proper storage of food in warehouse, including ensuring food is stored safely and at proper temperature
- Supports the efforts to follow FIFO principles when sorting and distributing food
- Assists in unloading of trucks from grocery store routes and food pickups
- Assists loading trucks for satellite sites and deliveries
- Ensures that partner picking up food for the Smart Sacks program is greeted promptly and assist loading their vehicles with their food allocation. Completes Smart Sacks orders per schedule.
- Serves as an extra driver for Manna’s box truck fleet and will assist as need in food pick up at grocery stores along designated route.
- Assists in food drive or designated supply pickups as needed
- Serves as a backup for food distribution at satellites which entails distributing Manna orders to clients from our truck at designated distribution sites
- Participates in major food drive activities to pick-up and unload donated food items.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to lift objects of 50 pounds continually and up to 100 pounds waist high occasionally and load them into vehicles.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as individually.
- Valid driver’s license and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card with the proven ability to drive any Manna vehicle.
- Clean driving record with no moving violations in the past two years and no major violations in the past ten years. No DUI citations.
- Pre-employment Drug Screening and post-accident drug screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. The employee must be able to stand continuously for up to 3 hours at a time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While picking up and distributing food, the employee will be exposed to a wide array of environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold, rain, snow, and ice. The employee must be able to work in these conditions for up to 3 hours at a time.
Why Choose Manna?
It takes all types of people to make Manna great. We seek a diverse and committed group of individuals who are eager to engage in service to the community while enabling their own personal growth and professional development. One of our core priorities is to enable our employees to live a well-balanced life and career, and our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, we offer a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Participation in Manna’s comprehensive Health Benefits Plan.
- Eleven paid holidays + your birthday! Two weeks paid vacation, which increases with tenure, 10 paid sick days to start, and 3 personal days per fiscal year.
- Free Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Generous retirement benefits.
- New parents leave.
- Support for work-related transportation in accordance with Manna’s practices and procedure.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Manna has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications, and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Manna reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations. Manna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position will remain open until filled; please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com