Careers at Manna
Program Manager — School-based Programs
Manna Food Center is seeking a Program Manager to lead our school-based food assistance programs, designed to deliver food support to families through partnerships with Montgomery County schools.
We are in need of an experienced manager who can work with the rest of the Programs team to shape and implement an ambitious strategic plan. The Program Manager is responsible for planning and promoting the school-based programs at Manna. The Manager will also create and execute monitoring and evaluation strategies to ensure that program outcomes are met.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Policies
- Develops programmatic strategies for school-based food assistance
- Communicates those strategies and their expected results to Logistics Team so that program objectives are successfully achieved
- Establishes and maintains multi-sector relationships with community partners, school coordinators, and other stakeholders needed to support program maintenance and expansion in alignment with organizational goals
- Researches, develops, and executes program enhancements and innovations to match organizational and County-wide goals and priorities
- Monitors and evaluates program impact
- Drafts Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent program quality over time
- Oversees menu of foods provided in weekend bags based on recipient feedback and budget capacity
- Communicates changes to Logistics Team as necessary
- Manages program budget
- Contributes to the Programs Team’s efforts to shape the strategies Manna uses to promote food security and community health
- Collaborates with the Development and Communications Team to:
- Ensure program goals, statistics, and outcomes are incorporated into grant applications, contract scopes, and reports to support revenue generation and sustainability
- Engage program sponsors/donors
- Tell the stories of program participants and the impact these programs have on their lives
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 1/20/20.
This position is part of a team that offers food service to community members experiencing food insecurity. A Driver is responsible for the pickup and delivery of food through direct interactions with the public and partner organizations. The schedule is Tuesday through Saturday.
• Pick-up food at grocery stores and/or farmers’ markets along designated route
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with store/market managers and vendors
• Work with Logistics management to maximize efficiency of the collection of food.
• Unload food, weigh food, and position food in the warehouse to assist the warehouse staff.
• Distribute food at assigned sites.
• Ensure participants are treated with respect.
• Ensure participants sign participant sign-in sheet when picking up food.
• Help participants load the food into their cars or other transportation.
• Coordinate with Participant Services Manager for participant referral verification.
• Collect and distribute foods at other sites.
• Pick-up and unload donated food as required.
• Drop off food at assigned sites.
• Maintenance and Use of vehicle
• Maintain cleanliness of vehicles on a daily basis
• Fuel vehicles as needed at Manna approved location
• Collect and report required information on fueling and maintenance of vehicles
• Follow all applicable driving regulations as required by the State of MD
To apply, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include answers to the following questions:
• How many years of driving experience do you have?
• Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?
• Do you speak Spanish and English?