9311 Gaither Rd. Gaithersburg MD 20877
9-12pm and 12-3pm
What: Be the welcoming face of Manna! Help to welcome and direct guest at Manna’s Gaithersburg warehouse including but limited to the following:
• Inform staff and volunteers of people picking up food for schools and participants, and individuals coming for meetings.
• Assist/train volunteers in our new electronic sign in system.
• Volunteers will receive and track food donations and distribute donation receipts.
• Volunteers will need to call the main office and troubleshoot scheduling issues.
• Answer questions from the community about Manna’s programs and services.
• Receive mail and other packages.
• We may ask volunteers to help with administrative tasks that arise from time to time.
The amount of work can fluctuate and there can be down time when you are not assisting guests. So you would be welcome to bring another activity with you such as something to read, or a crossword puzzle etc.
• Communicate calmly and effectively with guests, volunteers, and staff.
• Volunteers should possess strong customer service skills and be able to multi-task and easily transition between tasks throughout the day with minimal instruction.
• Volunteers must be able to work independently.
• Volunteers must be 18 or older
• This opportunity is not open to volunteers in need of service hours for court.