12301 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Shift availability may vary:
If you have 3-4 people in your group additional shifts may be available.
• Assist participants through Market.
• Provide instruction regarding food types/amounts offered.
• Maintain a steady flow of traffic through the Market.
• Help “check out” participant shoppers.
• Restock and organize shelves.
• Housekeeping tasks related to the daily upkeep of the Market including breaking down boxes, taking out trash, light cleaning.
• Groups may have up to 5 volunteers.
• Must communicate calmly and effectively with participants, volunteers, and staff.
• Must be courteous, patient, and understanding of each participant’s needs.
• The work is physical and you should be comfortable standing for a couple of hours; you may engage in some light to moderate lifting (5 – 25+ pounds) as well as bending and reaching.
• Volunteers must be 16 or older.
• Volunteers needing hours for court must be 18 or older.
• Volunteers must be able to work independently, converse with Manna’s clients & volunteers, and easily transition between many tasks throughout the day with minimal instruction.